Investment Analyst Job Description
The Investment Analyst position offers college graduates with an interest in finance the chance to build their analytical skills and expand their knowledge of private capital investments and the broader capital markets in the three-year analyst program. In this position, Investment Analysts support Prudential Capital Group in managing and investing private placements and mezzanine debt. Prudential Capital’s clients range from large multi-national public companies to smaller privately held companies.
Working on small regional-based investment teams, Investment Analysts:
- Research companies, markets and industries
- Participate in the due diligence on transactions
- Develop their financial modeling and comparable analysis skills
- Prepare written analysis on potential new investment transactions
- Support the team in monitoring portfolio investments (including direct interaction with senior management at client companies)
- Prepare marketing materials to support the team’s direct calling efforts
Prudential Capital Group recruits for positions in: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark and San Francisco. Specialized groups include Oil & Gas and Power finance (Dallas), International finance (Chicago), Mezzanine finance (Chicago), Commercial Asset Finance (Atlanta), Corporate and Project Workouts (Chicago and Newark), Institutional Management (Newark), Lease finance (Newark) and Credit and Capital Markets (Newark).
For a look at what it's like to be an Investment Analyst at Prudential Capital Group, visit Day in the Life: Investment Analyst.