Capital for Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Co-ops, Utilities and Grids
Prudential Capital Group focuses on contracted assets and return on the rate base in Power Financing. We have the ability to provide capital and structure complex transactions across the risk spectrum and across a diversity of fuels including natural gas, coal, hydro, wind, geothermal and biomass.
Leveraging Our Energy Sector Clout to Get Deals Done
Prudential Capital Group’s longtime involvement in the Power sector includes investments of $11.9 billion since the Power Group was established in 2004. Our current Power portfolio stands at $8.0 billion as of 12/31/16 with 90 projects, 40 utilities, 20 electric cooperatives and 2 RTO / ISO holdings.
- Emphasis on project finance, utilities and electric cooperatives
- Investment grade and below investment grade, fixed- or floating-rate debt, mezzanine and partnership equity
- Construction and term lending with custom amortization up to 30 years
- Senior Debt: $10 - $200 million
- Mezzanine Debt: $10 – $50 million
- Equity: $10 - $50 million
- Debt and equity investments in power projects, utilities, cooperatives and RTO / independent transmissions